February 12, 2009

Shiny New Shoes : )

Tuesday night TNT held a special shoe clinic for the team at the Santa Barbara Running store. I was about 2 years overdue for a new pair of running shoes, so this was a perfect opportunity. The staff there are all really great and knowledgeable. They analyzed how I walked and ran, then had me try on half a dozen pairs of shoes and run on a treadmill to see how they felt. I ended up with a really nice and comfy pair of shiny white Adidas, so I'm pretty siked! I ran in them the next day and they felt great, so I'm pretty pleased with my choice.
Donations have continued to trickle in over the last week, both online and in the mail, so once again, thank you all for your support, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! I'm currently up to $760, and well on my way to my ultimate goal of $3,900! I want to give a special thank-you to my mom who made an extra last-minute donation which helped me reach an online incentive goal and earn me a cool TNT hat! Thank-yous for this week go to:

Nancy Gorman
Deb Watkins
Debbie Dinelli
Kris Hanson
The Wetklow Family
Maureen Russell

Thank you all so much, your support means a lot!!

As far as training goes, I've still been running 5 days a week, varying the distance by doing 3.2 miles three times a week and doing longer runs of 6 miles to the pier twice a week. Officially we're supposed to be doing 30 minute runs on our own, so I feel like I'm doing pretty well!

No comments:

Post a Comment